Access and Fix Problems with SPID: With the SPID, the public administration has made it much easier and less bureaucratic to access the requests and inquiries to be made in a public office (such as the INPS, but also the portals offered by municipal, provincial or regional organizations), making it superfluous access to the physical office and also avoiding the inevitable queues to be able to deliver official documents, also valid as real administrative documents.
Therefore, it is advisable to obtain the SPID immediately. and use it on all institutional sites; If we haven’t already, we can always read the dedicated guide we have done on the subject.
If we already have the SPID but for some reason it does not work correctly or does not allow us to access the portal that interests us, in this guide we will try to collect all the simplest solutions to apply to troubleshoot SPID if it doesn’t work.
How to Access and Fix Problems with SPID
Most of the problems with the SPID are attributable to the site we access, but before blaming the institutional site we can perform a series of checks, in order to quickly check if the SPID is working correctly.
Verify access with SPID
As mentioned above, most of the problems with the SPID relate to the institutional site we connect to: in the case of the INPS click day for example, it is easy for the site in question to be inaccessible or difficult to authenticate with the SPID due to the high number of simultaneous accesses.
- To verify that the SPID in use is working correctly, all we have to do is access the Tuscany region portal, well integrated with the SPID and usable by all citizens.
- To test the SPID we press the button Sign in with SPID, we select the provider with which we created the SPID, we enter the credentials that we have in our possession, we perform the two-factor verification with the code received via SMS or with the authentication code (via dedicated app) and finally we give access to the data personal data necessary to be recognized by the portal of the Tuscany region.
- If the SPID works correctly we will see the services reserved for citizens appear and our name and surname will appear as a registered user on the page; By doing so, we will have proof that the SPID is working correctly and the problem (if any) is not ours.
Another site that we can use to verify the correct functioning of the SPID is Agenzia delle Entrate, which has a button similar to the one seen above.
- Once on the page we click on Login with SPID.
- We select the button Sign in with SPID.
- Choose the provider in use and be sure to enter the login credentials and security code provided with the two-factor authentication method.
If after logging in, our tax code appears on the Revenue Agency page, we have proof that the SPID is working correctly.
Solve errors with SPID codes and passwords
If we cannot access the web pages that we showed you a while ago, the problem is the SPID that we use, so we will necessarily have to carry out some other tests. The most common and often underestimated problem is an error when entering the credentials: when we try to access a site that accepts the SPID make sure you enter your username and password correctly so that you can proceed to the next screen.
If we have forgotten your password or username we can always use the recovery links, usually present on the same SPID login page; We can choose a new password or obtain our username again by recovering the data from the email used at the time of registration.
Another typical problem with the SPID concerns the two-factor authentication system, which could prevent access to the institutional site.
After entering the SPID login credentials made by email and password, press the chosen method for two-factor authentication (SMS or dedicated app) and we insert the code we have obtained in the shortest possible time (Generally, codes expire after a few seconds or at most a few minutes).
If it takes too long to receive the code to enter it, an error screen will appear and we will have to send us a new code; if, on the other hand, the problem persists even after entering the exact code, we recommend that you close your browser and try to open the website with SPID in incognito mode, to avoid any problem with the cache and the data already present in the chosen browser.
To learn more about the last method, we can read our guide When to use incognito browsing (Chrome, Firefox, Edger, Safari)?
If the above methods don’t work either, it is better to try with another device to access via SPID: if we were on a smartphone we would try to access it from a PC, while if we were already on the computer we would try it from a tablet or smartphone (perhaps using the cell phone’s data network and not the Wi-Fi itself).
The SPID is probably the best computer tool that the Italian State has given to all citizens to solve most bureaucratic problems, for years a true Achilles heel in the growth of the country and a great waste of time and money on the part of all citizens and businessmen who work.
If the SPID does not work, it is not always the fault of the institutional site we are trying to use: it is better to do some tests and checks, as we have described in the previous chapters.