Gmail is one of the most used email platforms in the world, either because of its excellent compatibility with most devices or because of its great platform when it comes to receiving and sending files.
It has a very user-friendly interface and adapts easily to what you need. Stay until the end and find out how to configure Gmail on Android and iOS.
How To Configure Gmail On Android And IOS
The Gmail mobile application is one of the most downloaded in most app stores. However, its installation is sometimes confusing for users, which means that they do not know how to configure it correctly to be able to use it to its full potential.
Set up Gmail on Android and iOS
If you have accidentally opened a corporate or personal Gmail profile and you don’t know how to configure it on your device, this guide will show you how to do it regardless of the operating system you use, you just have to follow the following steps.
The first thing you should take into account is the server you work with or want to work with, what it is for and what benefits it can give you by using it in your email. Before learning how to configure Gmail on Android and iOS you should know this:
1. POP3 or POP
This is a more modern version of POP, this server allows you to create a local copy of your email, deleting the original from your system.
In addition, with this server the capacity you occupy in your mailbox is irrelevant since everything is stored locally. The downside is that if you open the message on another mobile device or tablet when you connect to your computer, it will appear that you have not read it.
Contrary to the previous one, this one lets you sync your server-based email files with multiple computers at the same time, keeping the originals in one place.
It can be synchronized on several devices since it offers you the advantage that when you open a file, it appears as read on any other synchronized computer, which means that even if you change hardware or computer, the system remains the same as you configured.
The disadvantage of this service is that it does not delete your email until you delete it, which makes it take up more space for emails that may already be spam.
This server practically meets the same requirements as IMAP, the difference between this server and the others is that it lets you synchronize your contacts and the calendar, an action that none of the others allows you to do. Keep in mind that to use Exchange you must have a server that supports the Exchange ActiveSync protocol.
4. Configure it on Android
You must bear in mind that to configure your email account, either IMAP, Exchange, POP or POP3, you must have a username (email), a password, a type of server, an outgoing server (SMTP) and an SMTP port.
Some of this information may be provided to you automatically, but there are cases where it is not, it all depends on the hardware model you are trying to configure.
- Go to the menu of your mobile device and locate the Gmail application, it is usually already pre-installed on your device, if not, you can download it from the Google Play store.
- You have to enter your application and you will go to ” Settings for your Gmail “, which are the three lines from the top.
- Find where it says ” Settings “, “Preferences” or “Settings”.
- In the window that opens, go to Add account then Other.
- Now you have to access the email you want to add and click on the ” Next ” option.
- You will see that he asks you what type of account do you want? You have three options:
- Select the one that suits your server and click ” Next “.
- A window will open asking you to enter your email password.
- Now you will be asked for your username and password (email data).
- In the window you are in, you will see that it asks you to enter a server name, as we have said before it can provide it automatically, but if you don’t, you have to enter it manually.
- Then comes the section called ” Port “, where you have to enter the following, depending on what you choose, if it was POP3 you have to enter 110 and if it is IMAP 143.
- In the next place, you will be asked what type of security you want, choose ” SSL / TLS ” so that it accepts all certificates automatically, but if you don’t want it, you can choose “No” and click “Next”.
- Now you have to configure an output server “SMTP”, in which you are going to enter the same name that you entered before on your server, in the port you must enter 26 or 587, and the security type option you must put the one you had put before.
- The information you save will begin to be processed, just wait a few seconds and you can start, this is how you can configure Gmail on Android.
5. On iPhones with iOS
Since you know how to configure Gmail on Android, we will do the same for iOS. The advantage of Gmail is that when you are already a member or user of its mail platform, you can configure it to notify you through notifications when you receive any mail or when you connect to your account. In addition to a large storage capacity, either in Dropbox or in Google Driver, everything is safe.
- Go to Settings or settings on your device.
- In the menu that opens, find and enter the Mail or Mail option, then go to Accounts, and then go to Add account.
- In the window that opens, you will see several email addresses, although you will enter ” Other ” and in the window that opens, click on the option ” Add email account .”
- Okay, now if you start to enter information to activate the email address, you will see that it asks you to enter your name, email address, password and description.
- Keep in mind that when you enter your email address, it may or may not automatically give you a description, it will depend on your version of iOS. When you’ve filled in all the fields, click Next.
- Next, you have to choose if you want to ” Configure in IMAP or POP “.
- Several fields will already be filled in, now you only have to fill in the remaining fields on the input server, in ” Hostname ” enter the following address 115.72 or mail. In their domain name, specify yours (applicationspara.org), then simply enter your email address and password.
- On the outgoing server you must enter your domain name (applicationspara.org) in the Hostname field (if it has worked for you with the numbers). If you do not enter your email.
- Re-enter your email address and password in the domain name. When you fill in the fields, just click ” Next “.
- This will begin to check the information you have entered, if it is correct you will see a check next to it.
- In the pop-up window that appears, proceed to click on ” Details “, and a tab should open, you have to click on ” Trust ” to complete the setup.
- Now you will have two options Mail and Notes, activate the first one and click Save.
- Well, now you just have to choose the address you just added, there you will see a section called ” Accounts “, click there. In this part you have the information you just added, make sure everything is in order.
- Enter SMTP to complete the security configuration, enter the first option that must be the host name that you entered previously.
- Activate the server option and check the information, in Use SSL, if you want to leave it as is or deactivate it. If you leave it activated, the services will be downloaded automatically, click ” Accept ” or OK at the end and then ” Account “.
- Then you must go to where it says Advanced, check the data if you previously disabled the option to use SSL, disable it again if you do not complete the verification of the information and at the end click on Account and then on Ok.
This way, you have finished setting up your account and can use it.