Instagram Business Account: Today, online business has become a trend for business people. With online media, entrepreneurs can promote and sell their products more broadly. One of the media that can be used to support online businesses is Instagram. Instagram can be a promotional medium for businesses that are involved.
To support business, Instagram offers an interesting feature, which is the Instagram business profile. A business Instagram profile will link your Instagram account with your facebook page, phone number, e-mail address and company website. Easily again, prospective buyers are increasingly facilitated by the contact button at the top of the profile.
Another advantage of the Instagram business profile is that you can see your business insight , so you can monitor how many posts are seen by Instagram users, and so on. This you can use as a basis for further promotion.
Who can create an Instagram business account?
Even though it’s called a business Instagram, it’s not just ‘business people’ who can create a business account. Instagram currently has support for content creators, writers, bloggers, and much more.
The types of professions you register will be listed on your profile page when you access them. In essence, anyone who wants to develop a business or get more audience , can use a business account.
Steps to create an Instagram business account
To create an Instagram business account is very easy to do. Here you need to have a regular Instagram account, that’s because the ordinary Instagram account will be converted into a business Instagram account. If you don’t have an ordinary Instagram account, you can do it first. If you already have, continue to the process below.
1. Log in to your Instagram account and enter your profile section, then press the menu button, which is the three line icon in the top right corner.
2. Open the “settings”. Then scroll down and look for the “Switch to a professional account” menu. [If you can’t find the menu, scroll up again, and search for and open the “Account” menu. On the “Account Settings” page later, scroll down and look for the “Switch to professional account” menu earlier.]
3. We will be told to choose the account that suits us. Is it a creator or a business? Creators are more suitable for public figures, content creators, artists, and influencers. Whereas business will be very suitable for use by retailers, local businesses, brands, organizations and service providers. After determining the type of account, then tap “continue”.
4. Select categories that can describe the business or occupation involved. There are several categories that are widely chosen and then become suggested categories.
But if you don’t find your field of work here, you can try searching for it yourself in the search field. If you have chosen a category, tap “next”.
5. Fill in your e-mail address, business phone number (which can be contacted), and business address. With this contact information, profile visitors can contact you according to the contact listed. If everything is filled, tap “next”.
6. Next is the linking page with the Facebook account. Tap “select page” if you want to link your business profile with a facebook page. But if not, you can choose “don’t connect to Facebook now”.
7. If you choose to connect to the Facebook page, log in to your Facebook account.
8. Fill in the title of the page. Make sure the page title matches the name of your business. Besides filling in the page title, select a category and sub category. After that tap “done”.
9. Done. Up to here, you have successfully created an Instagram business profile.
You can also rearrange information such as website, bio, Facebook page, categories, contact options, and other profile information on the “edit profile” button.
Creating an Instagram business profile is easy enough, right? Now you can use the features offered by Instagram Business Profiles.
Take advantage of Instagram Business Profile Features
An important feature for account owners to take advantage of is insight . Please open the Instagram profile section, then tap the menu and select ” insight “. This graphic tab is only available on Instagram business profiles.
In this insight feature information is divided into 3 parts. The first tab you can see a summary of how much content you shared during the past week. The second tab is filled with information about discovery activities, interactions, profile visits and the like. The third tab contains information about increasing the number of followers.
Another interesting feature, which is available after you change to a business profile, is the ad promotion feature on Instagram. By using the ad promotion feature, you can advertise your business to more people.
Do you want to cancel and return to your personal Instagram account?
It should be underlined that when you decide to change your personal account to a business account, you cannot privatize the account. To be able to privatize an account, you must return to the personal account. More clearly, consider the following steps.
1. Open the menu on the Instagram profile then open “settings”.
2. Tap “account” to be able to find options for changing account types.
3. To return to the personal account, click “switch to personal account”. In addition to being able to change your business account to personal, you can also change your account to a creator account.
4. Read carefully the information listed. You can indeed change account types freely. However, recorded insight data will also be lost if you return to a personal or personal account . So it needs to be carefully considered. After it is set, you can click “switch back”
After reading this information, now you know how to change your personal Instagram profile into a business profile?
That’s all about how to create an Instagram business profile. The features offered will certainly add convenience in managing and developing your business.