As stickers and emoticons become common expressions of what we feel or would like to say, they have also begun to become representations of ourselves. Except they do not look like us at all. Not long ago, Google updated its Gboard keyboard to introduce the idea of creating stickers in our image and likeness.
Apple has launched iOS 12.1, which offers a multitude of new emojis designed to be more inclusive for those with red hair, curly hair and bald. However, Google should not be excluded, and announced an update of Gboard bringing a new style of stickers, as well as the ability to create an emoji that looks like you .
In other words, you can create emojis with different hair colors, different skin tones, different freckles, and so on. The new “Emoji Minis” come in the form of stickers, which means that even if you can send them more easily between Android devices, you should also be able to send them to iOS devices without any problem. The Gboard Update is available on Android and iOS .
How to Create Custom Emojis in Google’s Gboard?
- Make sure you have the latest Gboard update
- Open a message or an e-mail and open the keyboard
- Touch the “Stickers” icon at the bottom
- Tap the Emoji Mini icon
- Press “Create” in the prompt that appears
- Take a picture of your face
- Gboard will then present you some options. Choose the one you like, and click on it
- You can then change your “Emoji Mini” so that it looks the best. You can change the shape of the face, the color of the hair, the shape of the nose and more
press “Save” in the upper right corner
- You will then receive a range of Emoji Mini stickers that you can send to your friends
It’s not a difficult process, but it takes a few minutes. However, once you have done it for the first time, you will not have to repeat the process. Gboard will remember your preferences and will suggest emojis tailored to these preferences.
Of course, you can repeat the steps if you want to edit your emoji, or you can customize the Emoji Minis that you have already configured.