Creating a server in Minecraft is one of the best ways to enjoy this game with your friends. Although they can use a game server, by having an exclusive host you can enjoy with the players of your choice and have a world that remains intact, with all the changes they have made, until their next login. This way you will get a personalized experience and have more time to build.
If you want to be the host of your server in Minecraft, you must perform a series of previous procedures that will be explained in detail in this post.
In this sense, it is important to highlight that there are different services that will allow it, but a generic guide will be presented taking into account the free options. You will learn how to register, activate the web and finally how everyone will access the server.
How to Create Your Minecraft Server
Among the services with which you can make a free server, are Minehut, Serveromat and Aternos. The latter is the most recommended among users, so this service will be used as an example. The process you must follow will be explained in detail below :
Sign up for the service
To create a personal Minecraft server, you need to sign up for the service that will allow you to host the game. The steps to follow to complete said registration with Aternos, are the following:
- Enter the official site by following this link and click ” Play ” to go to the registration page. Another alternative is to click on this link and access that location directly.
- Press the ” Register ” button.
- You will need to create a password and confirm it to complete the registration. After entering the data, click on ” Register “. If you prefer, you can also press ” Sign in with Google ” to link your accounts.
- Finally, you may need to solve a Captcha to verify that you are not a robot.
Create and activate on the web
Once you have completed the registration, you will go directly to the control center. In this space you can manage your servers when you log in at another time. From this location create and activate the web as follows :
- Press the “+ Create a server ” button.
- On this screen you will see the current name of the server and the description, but you can modify both data. You must choose the version of Minecraft that you are going to use, either mobile (Bedrock) or desktop (Java Edition) and press ” CREATE “.
- In this way, you will have created the server and you will be redirected directly to the location where you can activate it. If this doesn’t happen, just follow the address: https://aternos.org/server/. In this location, you will see all the access data, make sure to save it and press ” Start “.
- After this, you will need to accept Mojang’s EULA software license. Likewise, you will be asked for permission to send notifications and notify you that the server has been activated.
- The server activation process may take a few minutes. You will receive a notification when it is online, then you can start using it.
Once this is done, you will be able to enter from the version of the game that you have installed. However, you must take into consideration the server data for access.
How to access the created server
Now that you have created a new server, you simply have to open the game, in any of the versions of Minecraft that you have installed and perform the following steps:
- Look for the option that says ” Add an external server .”
- You will access a screen where you simply have to enter the server data. The data varies slightly depending on the type of server and the version of Minecraft.
If you do not remember the server information you created, you will simply have to access your account again and verify. To go directly to the information about the server, follow this link.
A personal server is a good option to spend some time entertaining with a small group of friends without incurring additional expenses. However, it is important to note that free alternatives may be limited compared to paid ones.
For this reason, it is advisable to use them with groups of players of maximum 4 people, since otherwise, lag problems could occur during the game.
As you can see, it is not difficult to host your free server in Minecraft. You simply have to create your account in the service of your choice, activate the website and write down the data to invite your friends with this information.