Download applications for Fitbit on smartwatch for some people might not be easy, especially for those of you who have never used a smart watch before. For example Fitbit Versa or Fitbit Iconic smartwatches, if you swipe the screen to the left, you will see dozens of different things to click on: Spotify, Wallet, Weather, and more.
But the application is only a small part of what is offered by Fitbit. There are hundreds of third-party applications available for smart watches, which you can use.
How to Download Applications for Fitbit
Fitness fans, for example, can download a number of applications tailored to their training needs: Strava for runners, MySwimPro for swimmers, Mindbody for yoga, or FitStar for personal training.
Meanwhile, smart home fans can load Alexa, Nest, and IFTTT; shoppers can arrange their store membership cards; and commuters can manage Uber, Find My Car, and more.
Some things that need to be considered before entering the process of downloading applications to your Fitbit, first, the Fitbit application is not completely complete like the Android and iOS applications. For example, they usually cannot access Wi-Fi.
Instead, they communicate via Bluetooth with a proxy version of the application on your mobile. (Some applications, such as Starbucks and Uber, will require you to create an account and sign in on your mobile before you can use it on your watch.)
As a result, the Fitbit application cannot update if your phone is not near you, and their interface is very simple. They can still be very functional and practical.
Second, you cannot download the application to your Fitbit directly. Instead, you download it through the Fitbit application on your mobile. This might seem troublesome at first, but it’s easy if you are used to it.
The first thing you need to do is download the Fitbit application to your mobile and attach it to your smart watch. To do this:
- Download the Fitbit app from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or Microsoft Store. You will be asked to create a Fitbit account.
- In the Fitbit application, tap your profile icon in the upper left corner, and select “Set Device.” Follow the instructions from there; You must be paired in just a few minutes.
How to add applications to Fitbit
After your device is paired to your mobile, you are ready to download the application. To do this:
- Tap your profile icon in the upper left corner of the application. Choose your device.
- Press “Applications”> “All Applications.” This will place you in the Fitbit app store where you are searching for offers.
- To install the application, tap the icon, and press “Install.” You may need to agree to some permissions to continue. (Warning: when Google bought Fitbit last November, many users were frightened about the potential use of company personal health metrics. Google stated that they would not sell Fitbit customer data or use it to inform Google ads. However, if you are concerned about privacy, it’s a good idea to read and consider permitting each app to ask you before you download.)
- After your phone confirms that the application has been downloaded, swipe left from your smartwatch home screen. You will see that a new application has appeared.