Download Vimeo Video: Vimeo is a collection of high quality movies, videos and animations from people around the world. You may want to save your favorite videos on your computer so you can watch them without being connected to the Internet or other devices. Below are the steps required to download and watch Vimeo videos for free on your computer.
How To Download Vimeo Video On Your Computer
Unlike other video services, many videos on Vimeo can be downloaded using the download button below the video (as shown on the right.) If this button is available, click the button to display the formats. available for download). In our example, we can download a mobile SD or SD version of the video.
Recording a Vimeo video with another service
There are also third-party websites that allow you to enter the URL of the video you want to save to your computer and to obtain a link to download the file. Below you will find a simple three-step process for downloading any Vimeo video.
Note : If you are in a school or job that blocks Vimeo, these steps may not work.
- First, go to Vimeo and access the video you want to record. When you have found the page, press Ctrl + L on your keyboard to select the text in the address bar, then Ctrl + C to copy the Internet address.
- Once you’ve copied this address, paste it into the box below by clicking in the box and pressing Ctrl + V on your keyboard. Then click the Download Video button.
- If done correctly, a new window will appear displaying a preview of the video (similar to the one shown below) with the download links. For most users, we suggest you download the MP4 format. Other formats available may include FLV , 3GP and WebM.
- Once you have selected your format, click on the appropriate download link.
- Once the file is downloaded, it will be available in your downloads folder.
I still can not download the video
If, after following the steps above, you do not get a preview like our example, make sure the link you are using works by opening the page in a new window. Once verified as working, try the above steps again.
If the steps still do not work, try refreshing this page by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard and following the above steps again. If that still does not work, you can try installing a utility to download videos to Windows, Linux and Apple MacOS X computers.
It only backs up audio and non-video
Make sure to choose the option ” MP4 360p ” or ” MP4 480p ” on the download link. If you choose “MP4 128 Audio”, it only downloads audio, not video.
If you have chosen the correct download link to download the file, it is likely that the drive you are using does not have the necessary codec for the video files. Download the free VLC player for your computer and try to play the video file from VLC and not the player you are currently using.