Use Kodi for Android: Kodi is an excellent platform that you can use to stream your favorite video content online. It supports many platforms such as Windows, Rasberry, Linux and Android. The use of Kodi on Windows and Linux is simpler and does not require a technical configuration.
But, when it comes to installing and using Kodi on Android, a lot of things make Kodi compatible with Android. So, if you want to know the method to install Kodi for Android , then here are the steps to follow.
How to install and use Kodi on Android
You can use two methods to download and install Kodi for Android. The first is easier than the other, but it totally depends on you. Here are the methods you can use to install Kodi on Android:
1. Use Google Play Store
The easiest way to install Kodi on an Android device is to install it via Google PlayStore.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Play Store on your device and Download Kodi
- Then, type Kodi in and he will come to 1st place
- Once you have found it, click on it.
- On the next screen, press the install button and the download will begin
- Once installed, you are ready to use it.
2. Using an Internet browser
Before continuing, you need to install some applications such as Localcast, Kodi and ES File Explorer on your Android device. Once all are installed, here are the steps to follow:
- Click here to download an XML file.
- Once downloaded, visit your device settings> Display Settings and enable Show hidden files.
- Then open your download sections and copy the XML file.
- Go to Android – Data – org.xbmc.kodi – files – .kodi – user data folder, then paste the file to this location.
- Now open the Kodi app and try to play any video. Choose Chromecast as the source and
- select your Chromecast.
- The video should now be playing on your TV where the Chromecast is connected .
2. How to access local content on Kodi?
To access files stored in local storage, you must follow the steps below:
- Launch the Kodi application.
- Then click on the “Enter Files Section” tab.
- Now, tap the Browse option.
- Tap the “Add Videos” option and select the folder you want to view in the Kodi app.
- Click on the folder and you will be asked to add a video source
- Choose the video source and click OK.
- You are now ready to play local content on your Kodi app.
That’s all! Here are the methods you can use to install and use Kodi on an Android device. I hope this guide has helped you find what you are looking for.