In order to replace hangout activities with friends during the pandemic, video calls are a surefire solution. But the limited number of members often prevents people from using it.
Well, if you are the owner of an Android device, you can make a group video call of up to 12 people, without the need to download other applications. Because, the Google Duo application is available directly on Android smartphones. For iOS devices, of course you have to download it in the App Store first.
Google Duo is one of the best video call applications today. Calls are encrypted from end to end, completely free, and packs many features. One that is practical is the Google Duo group video calling function.
This application supports video chat for up to 11 friends or family members. Here is the Google Duo group chat feature and everything you need to know about using it.
How to Make Free Video Calls on Google Duo
Groups are very easy to create on Google Duo. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Google Duo application and allow it to access your microphone, camera and contacts if you haven’t already.
- Swipe up in the middle of the screen to access all your contacts.
- Tap the Create group button below the contact lookup dialog box.
- Select up to 11 contacts to add to the group and tap Done when you are finished.
- Name the group. Everyone in the group will see this, so make it easy to identify.
- Call the group by tapping the Start button at the bottom.
After you make a call, everyone will be notified, but not everyone needs to answer. Or, you can also send video messages to groups.
And after you create a Google Duo group, that group will be available in your contact list so you can quickly call everyone or send him a video message in the future. Tell us in the comment if you have any questions.