To register or create an account on Snapchat you need to download the application on your smartphone or access its web portal to complete the fields that are requested.
Then, you will have to enter your phone number or your email to confirm the account and, once you have done these steps, you can start using the application to share photos and videos with your friends.
How to Register or Create an Account on Snapchat
Snapchat is a platform that has gained great popularity for its short videos since each content that you upload to the platform can disappear depending on the time you stipulate.
In view of this, here you will see how to register or create an account on Snapchat both from your computer and from the application available for Android or iOS. Also, you will see the procedure to start using the social network and activate its notifications.
Steps to follow
The steps you must take to create an account on Snapchat are not complicated. In fact, they are similar to the procedures that are carried out to enter Instagram or Facebook.
You just have to choose a means by which you want to register, whether through the Snapchat application or through its official website.
From the cellphone
This social network has an application available for smartphones for both Android (you can download it through this link ) and for iOS (click on this link to get it). It is practical, simple and easy to use.
If you want more convenience to create the account, observe the steps that will be described below to register in Snapchat from your phone :
- Once you download the application, open it and click ” Register “.
- Accept all the permissions that are requested.
- Write your first and last name and press ” Register and accept “.
- Choose your date of birth .
- Snapchat will automatically give you a username. If you want to change it, press “ Change my username ”.
- If you do, you must enter a username that is available within the platform. Once you choose it, choose ” Accept “.
- Now, add a password and click ” Continue “.
- Enter your email or phone number to confirm account creation.
- Enter the verification code that you will receive by text message.
- Find your friends by pressing ” Continue “. With this you will have finished the process.
Snapchat also has an official website where you can manage various aspects of your account such as unlocks, password changes, ad control, updating personal information, among others.
You will not be able to use the application from the browser, but you will be able to register for Snapchat through its web portal as follows:
- Enter Snapchat through this link.
- Enter your name, last name, username and password.
- Now add your phone number and your date of birth. Then, press ” Register and accept
- Enter the verification code that you received by text message to the phone number you entered. It is important that you add this step since this method will also work for you in case you lose your account and want to recover it. Once you have written the code, you must press ” Verify ” and your account will be created.
How to start using Snapchat
Snapchat works as a social network to upload images or short videos with certain filters. Once you log in, your phone’s camera will automatically open for you to record videos, take photos, and start using the application’s filters.
Likewise, you will have the possibility to upload the content to your story for 24 hours or send it directly to any of the contacts you have added to the platform.
How to activate notifications
When you have added all your friends you can start enjoying the benefits that Snapchat brings to you. To closely follow the content of the people you follow, it is best to start activating notifications both from your phone and in the application. To do this, you just have to follow the steps that will be described in the following sections.
From the app
From the application you can configure which notifications you want to receive. You have the option to enable all notifications or disable them in order to keep the application in silent mode. Having clarified these points, now you just have to follow these steps to activate notifications on Snapchat:
- Open Snapchat and press your avatar or bitmoji located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Now press the gear icon (located in the upper right corner) to access ” Settings “.
- Select ” Notifications .”
- Press the ” Enable notifications ” option to automatically check all the boxes. Once this is done, the process will be finished.
On Android devices
You can configure the notifications that you receive from each and every one of the applications that you download on your Android cell phone.
In this way you will not saturate your Smartphone with messages and you will read those that interest you. With that said, check out the following steps to enable Snapchat notifications on your Android phone :
- Go to ” Settings ” or ” Settings .”
- Go to ” Applications “.
- Search for ” Snapchat .”
- Open ” Notifications “.
- Choose the option to ” Show all notification content ” in the ” On the lock screen ” section.
- If you wish, you can also activate the ” Prioritize ” button so that notifications are not blocked when you have activated the “Do not disturb” mode.
On iOS devices
On iOS phones, the procedure to activate or deactivate notifications varies a bit compared to the steps explained for Android cell phones. In view of this, the path you must follow to activate Snapchat notifications on your iOS device is given below : ” Settings> Notifications> Snapchat> Allow notifications “.
Like other applications and social networks, it is important that you maintain good management of your security and privacy in the account so that no person accesses your content without your authorization. Therefore, in the following list you will find some recommendations and tips so that you can have a good experience with Snapchat :
- Enter a frequently used email: you will need to confirm your email, therefore you will have to add one that you can access as many times as necessary. Also, if you add a frequently used email, you will have the possibility of recovering your account in case you forget your password.
- Download the application on your phone: As mentioned above, you will not be able to use Snapchat from a mobile browser or through a computer. Therefore, to have a better experience and use all the options it offers, it is best to download the application on your cell phone.
- Write your username and password in a safe place: many times you can forget these important login details, therefore, it is recommended that you write your password and username in a safe place whose location is known only to you.
- Create a secure password: in this way you will be able to prevent other people from easily accessing your account.
- Update your phone number when necessary: this is the second option you will have available to recover your account in case you have forgotten your access password.
As you can see, the steps to register or create an account on Snapchat from your phone or from your computer are easy to execute. You only need to have an email and a phone number so that the application can verify your account.
In the same way, if you follow the advice given, you will be able to fully enjoy all the services that Snapchat offers for you.