Hello Whatsapp friends! You already know that Whatsapp has a feature called “status”. The existence of this feature makes Whatsapp users more comfortable using this chat application.
We can use status to update photos or videos, just like when we play Facebook, Instagram, or other social media. In this way, we can still exist anywhere and anytime.
With this “status” feature you are free to share photos or videos with friends and relatives. Then who can know and can see our WhatsApp status? Of course, the person whose WhatsApp number you have saved and he also saves your Whatsapp number.
So, if you have saved the Whatsapp number of one of your friends and he has also saved your number, then you can automatically see his status and he can also see your status. But if there is one of you who has not saved the number, then the status will not be seen by each other.
Does this mean our status can be seen by everyone? What if there are lecturers or office leaders who see our status? It must be a shame because we might even get a bad rating from them.
Well, calm down, friend, this article will provide a solution for those of you who want to hide the status of certain people on your Whatsapp. Just take a look at the following tutorial.
How to Set Whatsapp Status Privacy
1. Open your Whatsapp application and select the “status” bar.
2. Press the three-dot menu in the upper right corner.
3. Press the “Privacy status” menu.
4. Next, three menus will appear as shown below, namely “My contacts”, “My contacts, except…”, and “Only share with…”. You can choose one of the three menus.
With the “My contacts” menu, your status can be seen by everyone in your Whatsapp contacts. But remember, your status will only be seen by those who also save your contact number as well.
While the menu “My contacts, except…”, you can choose if you want to hide your status from certain people. This is perfect for those of you who want to create status, but are embarrassed by the lecturer or boss at the office.
For the “Only share with…” menu, you can choose this menu if you want to make a status for only a handful of people. This is suitable for those of you who want to create a special status for your closest friends.
5. Select one, for example “My contacts”. Then tap “Done”.
Below will be explained some examples of cases, where the menu used is “My contacts, except…” and “Only share with…”. So that you really understand the function and process of using it.
6. Done. Now you can create a status on your Whatsapp.
Example Settings “My contacts, except..” and “Only share with..”
The function of each menu has been explained above, it’s just not explained in detail the process of using it. So so as not to be confused, here I will explain the process with case examples, so that you understand the process of using it in real life.
Share Whatsapp Status To A Specific Group Of People (For example classmates)
Well this time I will give an example of how to share Whatsapp status to certain people. Suppose you want to create a special status for classmates only , here you can follow the tutorial that I explain below.
- First of all, you have to enter the “Privacy status” page on your Whatsapp. If you forget where it is, you can see the tutorial above and follow steps 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Next, select the menu “Only share with…”.
- Select or tap the names of your classmates until a green check mark appears on the names.
- Then press the check mark in the lower right corner to save.
- Done. Now you can create a status that you want to make special for your classmates.
Exclude Whatsapp Status from Someone (For example teacher, lecturer, parent, etc.)
This tutorial is perfect for those of you who want to make statuses but are embarrassed to be seen by lecturers, teachers, parents or superiors. Well, it turns out that you can exclude your status from those people. Let’s see and follow the tutorial that I explain below.
- Go to the “Privacy Status” page as described previously.
- Next, press the “My contacts, except…” menu.
- Select or tap the name of the person you want to not be able to see your status. For example lecturers, bosses, teachers, etc., tick everything you like.
- Then press the check mark in the lower right corner to save.
- Done. Now you can create a status without worrying about the people you selected earlier.
Share Whatsapp Status only to One Person (For example doi, ex, etc.)
Well this time I will give an example of how to share Whatsapp status to only one person. Suppose you want to create a special status for your ex. You can follow the tutorial that I explain this.
If you read and understand carefully the two examples above, you should already get an overview of the process that will be explained here. If not, simply here we will use the “Only share with…” menu and select only one person.
Here are the steps if you still don’t understand.
- Go to the “Privacy status” setting page as usual. then select the menu “Share only with..”
- Double-tap on the checklist menu in the upper right corner to remove the green tick on some contacts that are not targeted. Make sure all the green check marks are gone.
- If all the green check marks have disappeared, then you can search for the name of the target and tap on the contact name until a green check mark appears.
- Tap the check mark in the lower right corner.
- Done. Now you can send a special status for the one person you targeted earlier.
How can I make my status visible to everyone? can more people see it?
I see this is often asked by friends of WhatsApp users. I need to emphasize once again, WhatsApp status system is different from social media in general.
If on Instagram for example, depending on your profile settings, if your profile is public, then the story can be seen by everyone, followers, haters, anyone without exception can see your story.
While on WhatsApp, the only contacts who can see your WhatsApp status are the contacts whose numbers you have saved and they also store your number.
This is what needs to be understood. If one condition is lacking, for example, they don’t save your number, neither you nor him can see each other’s status.
So if asked, how do I get more people to see my WhatsApp status?
The answer is:
- Make sure that in Status privacy settings, you don’t exclude certain contacts or select only certain contacts that can see your status. Read again above for more clarity.
- Save all number of friends/family/crush/target etc.
- Send a chat to them, tell and beg if necessary so that they also save your number.
- Pray to god that they save your contacts, and if they are saved, your status is not muted or muted by them.
MUST-READ: Warning and more info
This WhatsApp status privacy setting only applies to the status you created after making the settings. So, every status you create will follow the previous settings.
Suppose you want to send a status to a classmate, then you must first set the status privacy by selecting the “Only share with …” menu, only after that you can share the status with that classmate.
Then what if you want to make another status but this time you don’t want your classmates to see the status, for example, the status is only for the doi?
You just set privacy again on the privacy settings page, select the “Share only with ..” menu, uncheck all the checks, and check only the name of the doi only. After that just create a new status.
Now, if you want to return the privacy settings of this status to its initial settings so that your status can be seen by everyone, then you can set it again by selecting the “My Contacts” menu.
Okay, that’s all for this article that discusses the tutorial on setting WhatsApp status privacy. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends so that it can be useful for others. Thank you.