Many people don’t know that YouTube videos can actually be turned into text. This is commonly known as “transcripting” or “trascribing”. Usually we need some additional software to do this.
How to Transcribe Youtube Videos Without Subtitles
However, current technological developments make it easier for us to transcribe. The method is quite easy and can be done anywhere as long as there is an internet connection. Even this method does not take long. Curious about the process? see the full explanation below.
Do all videos need to be transcribed with this method?
Here we will use the semi-manual method, so it is time consuming so easiest method would be to contact professional transcription services to do transcription for you. For that we need to make sure that the video that we want to transcribe doesn’t really have subtitles. If the video already provides subtitles or automatic transcriptions, we can easily download the subtitles with the help of online tools.
The download process is simple and fast. Once again, this process applies only to videos on Youtube that provide subtitle features, be it manual sub, or google automatic sub.
To view videos that provide subtitles. You just have to check the video. If there is a CC icon, it means the video has subtitles. To be sure, you can tap the three-dot icon at the bottom right of the video. Then open the “Open transcript” menu.
After clicking the “Open Transcript” menu, you will see the contents of the transcript.
If you can’t find the subtitle and open transcript menu like in video. So please continue reading and use the method I will explain below later.
How to transcribe Youtube videos that don’t have subtitles
To do a transcript with this method, we will use the tools available in Google Doc. For those who don’t know, Google Doc is an application like Ms Word, but can be accessed via a browser from anywhere. The main function of google doc is practically the same as Ms Word, which is to type documents.
Immediately following the steps.
- Open the google documents website on the docs.google.com/document/u/0/ page.
- Tap “Blank” to create a new document.
- Here you will see the appearance of the Google Doc document processor. Here select the “tools” menu.
- Select the “Voice Typing” menu.
- Don’t forget to change the language to Indonesian. After that, click on the Mic icon.
- If this is your first time using this feature, usually there will be a request for permission to access your mic. Give access. Don’t be blocked.
- Next, open the YouTube video that you want to transcribe. Play video out loud.
- Automatically the voice from Youtube will be written in the google document.
- Just wait for the process to finish.
That’s an easy way to transcribe YouTube videos into subtitles for videos that don’t have subtitles. Good luck and good luck.