Use GoPro Hero8 Black As A Webcam: If you own a GoPro action camera , even the latest HERO8 Black , you should know that simply by installing an application and the latest updated firmware you can turn your GoPro into a full-fledged webcam. So if you have a GoPro HERO8 Black in your hands and you want to proceed with the configuration as a webcam we will help you do it.
How to Use GoPro Hero8 Black As A Webcam
The functionality already available for macOS, is now also available for Windows, thanks to an update released a little while ago and which promises well.
To use the GoPro as a webcam in addition to the firmware and software you must have a support that allows you to keep the GoPro in a standing position or hooked to the monitor and then the cable to connect it to the PC so that it is correctly recognized.
Turning the GoPro into a Webcam will give you access to a series of applications that support streaming through the action cam of the American company and among these we find:
- Zoom (version 5.0.5 and later)
- Google Meet
- Microsoft Teams
- Twitch (via OBS software)
- GoTo Meeting
- Snap Camera
- Facebook Rooms
- Zoom (via Chrome browser)
- YouTube Live (via Chrome browser)
- WebEx (via Chrome browser)
The only requirement will be to have a Facebook account in order to download the Beta version of the program and then have installed the firmware 2.0 of the HERO8 Black. But you should know that the feature is also available on other versions of GoPro Hero and are the following supported:
- HERO8 Black
- HERO7 Black
- HERO6 Black
- HERO5 Black
- HERO4 Black
Guide to turning the GoPro HERO8 Black into a webcam
- Install the firmware version 2.0 for HERO8 Black by downloading it Clicking Here.
- Download the GoPro Webcam software BY CLICKING HERE (to download you must have a Facebook account as the link is available on a blue social network page).
- Install the software on Windows.
- Connect your GoPro HERO8 Black to your PC using the appropriate USB-USB Type-C cable (the one supplied in the GoPro package is fine).
- Launch the GoPro Webcam software on the PC.
- In automatic GoPro HERO8 Black will light webcam mode.