WhatsApp has finally added stickers into their app, and the new feature is slowly being ready for both iOS and Android users. Currently, the collection of native WhatsApp Stickers is rather limited.
However, the company encourages independent developers to bundle additional Sticker packs through third-party iOS or Android apps.
So if you’re looking for new Stickers to use, other than the ones already offered by WhatsApp, you may be able to find apps onthe App StoreorGoogle Play Storethat will give you access to additional Sticker packs on WhatsApp. .
If you want to add custom sticker packs on WhatsApp, but don’t want to create an app for it, or you have limited coding knowledge, this article can help you fix some workaround issues foriOSandAndroid.
How to Create Custom Stickers for WhatsApp
In their documentation, WhatsApp has provided a number of requirements that must be met in order to be able to create Stickers for WhatsApp.
- Each sticker is an image having transparent background.
- Stickers must be exactly 512 × 512 pixels.
- Every Sticker must be less than 100 KB.
For your thumbnails, you can collect ready-to-paste images in PNG and WEBP formats directly from the web or create them manually in a photo editing application. In addition, you also need at least three images to create a pack of Stickers on WhatsApp.
Although you can use a computer or smartphone for creating sticker, Best optio is to use a desktop application such as Photoshop for better accuracy with edge selection and other advanced editing requirements.
Note: the method we are going to follow attempts to automatically meet most of the requirements for WhatsApp Stickers. However, for best results, it is recommended to adhere to these requirements as much as possible.
For example, using an image that is not a “square” will probably distort your Sticker when it is imported into WhatsApp. Similarly, having a non-transparent background on a Sticker can have an impact on its aesthetic value.
Addcustom stickersto WhatsApp onAndroid
Once you have images eligible for WhatsApp Stickers, you need certain apps to be able to import them as Stickers into WhatsApp.
Follow the below steps to import and use custom stickers on WhatsApp:
- Download and install the latest version ofNew Stickersfor WhatsApp,ES File Explorerand WhatsApp from Google Play on your Android smartphone.
- Using ES File Explorer, place your custom Sticker images in your phone’s default download directory.
- Launch Personal Stickers for WhatsApp. It should automatically detect the sticker images in the download folder and sort them into different sticker packs according to the available sub-folders.
- If you want to make custom sticker packs, click the Kebab menu icon in the upper right corner and select Create a sticker pack. Select the Stickers you want to include in your pack, give it a name and press the check mark in the upper right corner to confirm.
- Click Add next to each pack of Stickers to import them into WhatsApp.
Once the import is complete, you should find the new Sticker packs in WhatsApp. In WhatsApp, open an online chat, tap the emoji icon in the lower left corner and select the Stickers or Stickers tab. Newly imported Stickers must be available for shipment. Just tap on a particular sticker to send it to the cat. The selected Sticker will be transfered to the chosen contact or group.
Additional WhatsApp Stickers added externally are stored locally on your phone and are not saved on WhatsApp servers. If you connect to WhatsApp on another device, you will lose access to all the Personalized Stickers.
In addition, even if you simply move the original Sticker files out of the download directory and place them elsewhere, you will still lose access to these custom Stickers.
Add custom stickers to WhatsApp on iPhone
Recently, many sticker creation applications have been published on the App Store. These applications generally follow a similar pattern in terms of usability and functionality.
In this demonstration, we are going to use an application called Sticker Maker WASticker Lite, but the other Sticker creation applications must also follow similar steps.
- First, Download and install Sticker Maker from the App Store.
- Press the Plus button at the bottom to create a new pack of Stickers.
- Press the new pack of Stickers that you have just created to modify the content of the pack.
- Tap the icon in the status bar at the top left.
- Choose between taking a photo or selecting an existing one from the photo library.
- Then select the area of the photo you want to include.
- On the next screen, you can refine your selection by adding or removing parts of the image, then clicking Save.
- Now press each of the boxes 0, 1, 2… and so on, add individual photos, then repeat steps 5 to 7 to create Stickers for your pack.
- Finally, when all the Stickers have been added, click on Save pack >> Add Stickers pack to WhatsApp.
You will be redirected to WhatsApp, where you will be prompted to register the new sticker pack. Click on Save button to add it to your collection in WhatsApp.
Note: Even though all of the above applications include an editor for creating transparent Stickers, it is generally recommended to create Stickers on computers rather than on mobile devices for better results and often higher accuracy.
You can make transparent PNG files as candidates for sticker packs and then import them into Camera Roll on your iPhone.
The same sticker packs that you created for WhatsApp can usually also be used in the Messages app. Just open an iMessage chat on your iPhone and scroll through the available iMessage apps, until you find one of the third-party Stickers apps you have installed.
When you click on the same thing, the Stickers or packs that you create using the particular application should also be available here.
So now you can create custom stickers from Android and iPhone. Tell us in the comments which sticker apps you like to use the most.