Fix Sound No on YouTube: No intro required for YouTube, one of the most popular video streaming websites. However, sometimes some glitches are experienced while watching your favorite videos.
One of the most common problems users experience is “No Sound” while watching your video. In fact, it can irritate you to the extreme, but there is also a solution for this problem.
Every problem comes with solutions, all you need to do is find the best one. When it comes to finding the solution to this problem, we should start by identifying the true cause of the lack of sound on YouTube. There could be various things that interfere with the YouTube sound, such as site settings, browser issues, system sound issues, etc.
However, if a systematic approach is followed to narrow down the options to find the problem, then the true cause of this problem would definitely be found to isolate the problem instantly. Mentioned below are the methods to fix YouTube missing sound problems.
5 ways to fix no sound on YouTube
Make sure to create a restore point in case something goes wrong.
Method 1 – Check system sounds
The first thing to do is check the sound of the system whether it is working properly or not. It could be possible that the main cause of the YouTube no-sound problem is the system sound not working.
To check your system’s sound settings, just right-click the sound icon on the taskbar and choose Sounds and click the Test button.
If there is no sound, then you have to check the system settings.
1. Adjusting the volume – A problem could be that the volume is muted. You can check it on your taskbar. Once you click on the sound icon you will see a blue bar, if it is muted there will be an X mark on the speaker. You need to activate it again.
2. Check and update the sound driver – Most of the time we forget that some drivers want to be updated in time. You need to check the sound driver for this problem. You need to open Device Manager where you will find a sound and video settings.
If there is a yellow exclamation mark under this setting, you need to right-click and update the driver, please refer to the last method to see how to manually update the sound drivers step by step.
3. Enable the sound driver – You may have mistakenly disabled the sound driver. You should check it in Device Manager and sound driver. If it is disabled, simply right-click on the sound driver and select the Enable option.
Method 2 – Browser problem
If you are running your YouTube video in the Chrome browser and there is no sound, you should try opening the same video in a different browser. If the sound works, you can easily understand that the problem was with the browser.
Now you must solve the problem with the same browser. Start by “right-clicking” on the speaker icon on the taskbar, open the Volume Mixer, and fix the problem with the selected browser.
In some cases, the speaker may be muted for certain browsers, so it is necessary to enable it. If you don’t have another browser installed, you need to install one to check this option.
Method 3 – Update Adobe Flash Player
If you open a flash video on a different video streaming website and hear the sound, then the problem is in the YouTube settings.
However, if there is still a sound problem, then the problem is with the adobe flash player. You must make sure that your adobe flash player is the latest recommended version for Windows.
If you find that your version is not the latest recommended for Windows, you need to update it or install the latest version of the adobe flash player to fix the YouTube missing sound issue.
You should also make sure that the Adobe Flash Player is enabled for your browser in Windows 10. So if you don’t know how to do it then you should definitely read this article: Enable Adobe Flash Player in Chrome, Firefox and Edge
Method 4 – YouTube Settings
You have somehow muted YouTube’s sound settings. Yes, it happens with some people who sometimes mute YouTube and forget to turn it back on for sound. You have to look at the speaker icon in the YouTube video, if you see the X mark on it then it is disabled or muted.
When you move your mouse over the icon, you can easily turn it back on and adjust the volume. You must move the slider to the right to increase the volume.
Method 5 – Update the sound card driver
1. Press Windows Key + R, then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
2. Expand Sound, Video and Game Drivers and then right click on “Realtek High Definition Audio” and select Update Driver.
3. In the next window, click “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
4. In case you already have the updated driver, the message “The best drivers for your device are already installed” will appear.
5. If you do not have the latest drivers, Windows will automatically update your Realtek Audio drivers with the latest available update.
6. Once finished, restart your PC to save the changes.
If you are still facing Realtek HD Audio drivers problem then you need to update drivers manually, just follow this guide.
1. Open Device Manager again and then right click on Realtek High Definition Audio and select Update Driver.
2. This time click “Browse my computer for driver software”.
3. Next, select “Let me choose from a list of drivers available on my computer.”
4. Select the appropriate driver from the list and click Next.
5. Let the driver installation complete and then restart your PC.
Hopefully, the steps mentioned above will help you fix the “No sound on YouTube” issue. You need to start with an option to find out if that method works for you or not.
One by one you can check all the mentioned methods, and positively, you will be able to watch your favorite video once again with Sound as usual.