Don’t worry if you lose your photos and videos from your iPhone when you have a backup. You can automatically upload your photos to the cloud services for free. It’s a simple process and ensures that your photos and videos are safe in the cloud.
You can use the cloud application on your MAC, iPad, Windows or Android device and view, share and edit the photos already in your iPhone. This is another benefit of cloud storage.
5 Free Cloud Services for Uploading and Backing Up iOS Photos
It is a one-time process to sync your iPhone or iPad photos with cloud services. After setup, photos will be uploaded automatically whenever you take new photos with your iOS device.
Apple offers free iCloud services, and you can upload your photos from iOS to iCloud. Although it’s easier to get and organize photos in iCloud, the free iCloud service is limited to 5 GB. Let’s go, few best free cloud services available here.
Upload and backup iOS photos using iCloud
The first solution is the iCloud account, a free service from Apple with all Apple devices. If you don’t have a have iCloud service, please read here to get a free iCloud account from Apple and set up your iCloud on an iOS device.
This function can be activated on your iOS device. Settings> iCloud> Photos> Enable My Photo Stream and Photo Stream.
Upload and backup iOS photos with Flickr
There is another photo-owned service that Yahoo has for photo sharing and storage, Flickr. The iOS application for Flickr allows photos to be uploaded instantly to your Flickr account.
By default, the photos are uploaded as private. You can set the publish status to “public” if you want to share photos with your friends.
- If you’ve installed the iTunes Flickr app, sign in to the app with your Yahoo or Gmail account.
- At the top left of the app, tap the Settings icon and select Auto Sync. Enable the auto-sync feature to automatically upload your iOS photos.
- You can set your privacy by tapping Default Privacy, and your privacy can be set to public, friends, family, or private.
Upload and backup iOS photos using Google Plus
With Google Plus, you can upload photos to Google Drive using the Google Plus app for iOS.
- Sign in to your Google Plus account after downloading the Google Plus app from iTunes. Go to Settings> Camera and Photos> Auto Backup and enable Auto Backup.
- Automatic backup to automatically upload your photos to Google Plus using the app.
- At the bottom of the Settings page, under Sources, there is an option called Google Drive.
- This will allow you to view photos and videos from Google Drive on the Google Plus account.
This is a good feature if you use your Google Plus and Google Drive apps to store and share your photos and videos on your computer and mobile devices.
Upload and backup iOS photos with Dropbox
Dropbox is a free service that can use almost all mobile platforms and is very easy to use and configure. If you don’t have a Dropbox account, you can find a free Dropbox account here. Once you get the free account, you can set up the Dropbox application on your iOS device by downloading the free Dropbox app from iTunes.
You can choose to upload photos from your iOS device when you first configure the Dropbox app. If you already have a Dropbox application installed on your iPhone, you can simply turn on photo syncing as shown in this screenshot.
There are few other services and apps to explore. A similar cloud service that you can try is Microsoft drive and another is Box.net. All of these cloud services offer storage services of at least 2 GB. Additional storage spaces can be purchased for a monthly price.
If you are an iPhone user and you want to take a lot of pictures with your iPhone and transfer them to your computer, this article on A Quick Solution will help you upload iPhone / iPad photos to PC / MAC via WiFi.