Fortnite is one of the most popular games of the last period and also one of the most played both on consoles and on computers. Here is how to increase fps on fortnite games.
How to increase FPS on Fortnite
In this guide, we will look at the best settings to increase the FPS and reduce the LAG.
Settings to change
The guide will be divided into 4 main points, to be followed to improve the performance of Fortnite, and are:
- Fortnite recommended settings
- Settings on the Nvidia panel
- Fortnite additional command-line arguments, on the Epic Launcher
- Various tips
Fortnite recommended settings
Let’s see how to change the Fortnite graphic settings.
Start Fortnite, click at the top right on the gear symbol and then click on top video, you will see a screen like this:
Let’s analyze the various options and see how to set them:
- WINDOW MODE: Leave on full screen.
- VIDEO RESOLUTION: I advise you to set the maximum for your display, in my case we are talking about a 2K monitor (if you have a very dated PC you can try to reduce even less than the native resolution of your display).
- FRAME RATE LIMIT: Set to unlimited or select the hertz value of your screen (If you have a 60hz monitor select 60fps).
- 3D RESOLUTION: To be lowered only if you have too low FPS, I advise you to leave 100%.
- VISUAL DISTANCE: Here if possible try to increase at least on average. It is the most important value as you will be able to see buildings and enemies from a greater distance.
- OMBRE: You can set it to no.
- ANTIALIASING: Select no, or if you succeed medium.
- TEXTURE: Try bass and see if the game is smooth, try increasing it.
- EFFECTS: You can deactivate them and set them to low.
- POST PROCESSING: Hold on low.
- V-SYNC: Leave it on no.
- MOTION BLUR: Set to no.
- SHOW FPS: Activate it to see if you reach your goal and then deactivate it.
If after setting everything to the minimum you see that you reach or exceed your FPS limit, then try one by one to increase the settings so as to have a better graphic output. The setting I suggest you to increase first is visual distance or texture.
Settings on the Nvidia panel
If you have a video card of a NON-NVIDIA brand then you can skip this step. These settings will change the behavior with which the video card will manage Fortnite, let’s see how and what to modify.
- Open NVIDIA control panel (Click on the lower left arrow on the Windows arrow, right click on the GeForce symbol and then click control panel)
- Now on the left click manage the 3D settings
- On the right select program settings
- And among the various programs click on Fortnite
Perfect, now you have the settings to modify for Fortnite in order to increase the FPS, you need to modify these items:
Not all entries are present, depending on your hardware configuration
- POWER SUPPLY MODE: Prefer maximum performance
- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PRE-RENDERED FRAMES: Set to 1.
- OPTIMIZATION WITH THREAD: Activated.
- VERTICAL SYNCHRONIZATION: Disabled.
- MONITOR TECHNOLOGY: Set on G-Sync.
- GPU ACCELERATION: Set on a single screen.
The rest of the settings can be left unchanged.
Additional command-line arguments
This setting is present in the Epic Games launcher and not in the game settings, it is a box where it is possible to write as we were on the command line.
To find “additional command-line arguments” and modify it follow these steps:
- Open Epic games launcher
- Click below on settings
- Scroll and click on Fortnite, two options will open here
- Select additional command line arguments
- Now you have a box where to write, here write: -LANPLAY -USEALLAVAILABLECORES
You can also copy and paste
If you have difficulty entering this wording, the POW3R streamer has made a video showing how to insert this writing and the possible benefits that can be derived from it:
After seeing the settings to modify to increase the FPS and reduce the LAG on Fortnite, let’s find out some small tips that will allow you to slightly increase the performance of your computer.
Close the Epic launcher
To reduce the CPU and memory used, you can close the Epic launcher after starting Fortnite.
Turn off the Nvidia overlay
Go to GeForce Experience, setup and turn off GAME OVERLAP.
You can try also Fornite PC from Fierce.
Thus you can increase fps on Fortnite using recommended settings and tricks. If you feel any issue, comment us in the comment box.