Overcome iPhone Not Detected on iTunes: For iPhone users, installing iTunes is an obligation on laptops and PCs. iTunes is a software that is vital for iOS users. The use of iTunes is very important for the iPhone because it acts as a link between the iPhone and a PC or laptop. An error that is often felt by iPhone users is that it cannot be detected on iTunes.
If the iPhone is normal and is not damaged, it will be easily detected and readable on iTunes. Whether it’s iTunes on a Windows PC or Mac. On the contrary, if the iPhone has a problem, it will not be detected in iTunes later. Check out the full explanation below, how to deal with an undetected iPhone in iTunes.
Here are 5 Ways to Overcome iPhone Not Detected on iTunes
1. Cleaning Ports and Connectors
If iTunes is still having trouble detecting the iPhone then you can try to clean the connector and port. Perhaps because the dust is clogged with dirt, it can not function optimally. Here’s how to clean the ports and connectors:
- Set up the Lightning port on the iPhone and the Lightning connector on the cable
- Clean the ports and connectors using a tissue or cotton swab
- Make sure that no dirt is left behind or is still clogged
- Don’t forget to clean the USB port and USB connector too. This is useful so that there are no problems when transferring data.
2. Update iTunes
It is possible that the iPhone cannot be detected because the iTunes that is used is still an old version and needs an update. You can update it via PC. How to update iTunes is also quite easy following the steps.
- Open iTunes on the PC and click on the help tab.
- A small menu will appear and select check for updates.
- Wait a few moments until iTunes installs the latest version automatically.
3. Using the original cable from the counter
One way to Overcome iPhone Not Detected on iTunes is by using the original cable. One of the common reasons the iPhone cannot be detected is because the cable used is not authentic.
- You can buy a new original cable directly to the nearest counter that provides it.
- Or borrow from a friend who has an original iPhone cable. Only after the iTunes detection problem has been resolved, you can buy a new original cable.
4. Re-downloading iTunes
A corrupted or cracked iTunes file could be the reason why the iPhone can’t connect to iTunes. You can solve this problem by reinstalling iTunes as it was before. Here are the steps to download the new iTunes:
- On the computer, delete the iTunes software and all related components in its files.
- After, the data is deleted. You can install iTunes by restarting the PC first and downloading it via apple.com
- Open the download that has been completed, then do the installation process
- Follow the installation procedure and agree to all the terms and conditions
- After the installation process is complete, you can click finish.
5. Factory Reset
The last way that can be done to overcome the iPhone undetection is to reset the rules to the original alias factory. The way to reset is quite easy. Here are the steps for restoring factory rules.
- Select the settings menu
- Click the General tab
- Then at the end of the general tab, select reset
You will be prompted to choose several types of reset as desired. After the iPhone is reset to factory regulations, all features will function as they were when it was first used.
So, those are some ways to solve the iPhone not being detected on iTunes. Before carrying out the repair process, it would be better if the causes of the problem were not detected first. That way it will be easy to make repairs.