How to use DND mode on GB Whatsapp?: Technology has increased these days. Yet the need for more never ceases. It is a fundamental human tendency. We humans always want to achieve what is forbidden, what is beyond our reach.
An example that proves this fact is the persistence of jailbreaking and/or rooting our iOS / Android devices. This gives us many privileges and frees us from the limitations imposed by the OEM on the software of the device. But what if you could get these privileges just by installing an app?
Well, in this article I am going to tell you about one such app that not only gives you lots of privileges but also a mod for nothing but your favorite messaging app which is Whatsapp. Yes, you guessed it right. I’m talking about GB Whatsapp.
How to use DND mode on GB Whatsapp?
GB Whatsapp is a mod for Whatsapp that allows you to have many features or capabilities that were previously “hidden” on the usual Whatsapp application that you install through the official Google application market, Play Store.
Ability to delete sent messages, send longer videos, copy the status to paste them elsewhere, be able to listen to audio files without even downloading them, hide the voice recording icon in the conversation, to preview photos and videos without downloading are just a few of the plethora of features it has to offer.
Above all, the application is absolutely free and is compatible with most versions of Android OS. Well, we’re not going to discuss every feature in detail. Instead, we’re going to help you use the latest addition to this long list of features, which is enabling DND mode on GB Whatsapp.
As the name suggests, MDN stands for “Do Not Disturb”. Whenever you activate this mode, you will no longer be able to receive Whatsapp messages, the offline mode will be activated. You will not be able to send or receive messages through or in Whatsapp Messenger until you turn off DND mode. You might be wondering what this feature is for.
Well, my friend let me remind you about chemistry class you couldn’t pay attention because your WhatsApp notifications were so distracting. Or what about the PUBG game that you lost just because those silly group messages kept showing up in the notification bar?
Now you see how useful it could be to just take your Whatsapp offline while maintaining your internet connection. Now let’s quickly go through the setup process in your Android mobile device.
Steps to use DND mode on GB Whatsapp
Although the procedure is quite simple, sometimes little things turn out to be a problem for us. Don’t worry, we’ll help you turn DND mode on or off on your copy of GB Whatsapp. Now let’s go through the steps: –
- First of all, back up all the data of your currently installed Whatsapp messaging app so that we will delete it completely from your Android device. This is because your phone number cannot be used simultaneously in two copies of Whatsapp. You can use the built-in backup feature of the Whatsapp app to back up the data to your Google Drive or your device storage.
Secondly, click on the link mentioned below and download the GB Whatsapp app, as it is not available on the official Google PlayStore. You will need to download it exactly like any other file you want to download from the Internet.
- Once the file has downloaded, go to your device’s settings menu and make sure you have allowed installation from “unknown sources” in your device’s settings menu. If not, do it now, otherwise, you will encounter an error at the start of the installation process itself.
- After checking the option “Unknown sources”, go to your device’s file manager application and locate the downloaded file in the “Downloads” folder. It should be there as GB Whatsapp or something similar.
- Now you need to install this GBWhatsapp on your phone like you install any other app.
- Just click on the app and you will be asked whether you want to install the app or not. Keep pressing “Yes” until the app is properly installed.
- Once you have installed GB Whatsapp on your phone, open it and save your phone number as you would in classic WhatsApp.
- Once in the Chat-Discussions window, you will notice the “Wifi” icon at the top. It’s nothing but the switch to turn on / off DND mode.
- Just click on this icon and it will ask for your confirmation to activate DND mode.
- Click “Yes” and you’re done! You have successfully activated DND mode on GB Whatsapp application. A message at the top of the screen is displayed: “Not connected to the Internet”. From now on, you will no longer receive any messages or notifications in your WhatsApp application.
Remember that all the people who want to send you messages throughout your life will be marked as “Offline” in the Whatsapp messenger. So it’s like a two-way process.
You may ask me how I am going to retrieve my messages or how I will be able to communicate with my relatives and my dear children. Easy to use, just tap again on the same “Wifi” icon as an icon and you’re back online. That’s all! Isn’t that a piece of cake?
GB Whatsapp has a lot of tricks up its sleeve when it comes to customization or utility. I recommend installing GBWhatsapp on top of your regular copy of Whatsapp, taking into account the value it has to offer, without the hassle or unwanted surveys.
Besides preventing you from receiving annoying notifications, it also helps preserve your data for the times when you need it most.
Now you can attend any conference without worrying about being distracted by Whatsapp messenger. And I’m sure you’ll enjoy the famous “chicken dinner” with your team tonight. But remember, your safety is in your hands.
Watch out for any suspicious activity or unreasonable permission it might ask you because you might have downloaded this app from an untrusted source.
I’ll take your leave now. Hope you like the useful article. In that case, feel free to sign up for our newsletter as we will post some really useful content that will make your life easier.