Instant messaging has become second nature to all of us. Everyone uses instant messaging applications to communicate. Telegram is one of those popular apps that allow us to communicate very easily with your friends and family.
How to Know if Someone Has Blocked You on Telegram
However, you can sometimes meet people you don’t want to talk to and choose to block them. But you can also find yourself in the opposite situation. Someone may have blocked you for some reason and you may not know it.
If you think someone has blocked you on Telegram, don’t miss this article and find out how to know if someone has blocked you on Telegram.
Before knowing the blocking option in Telegram, let’s take a look at some of the features of this app, which make it unique compared to others.
- Telegram is open source and completely free.
- It is cloud-based and its automatic synchronization allows you to manage it even from your computer’s browser.
- His messages are highly encrypted, which makes him very secure. The creators of the application even offered a reward of $ 200,000 to the person who can decrypt their encryption.
- Telegram offers the possibility of creating a group of 200 contacts maximum.
- It offers the possibility of blocking the transfer of messages, i.e. you can prevent someone from forwarding your messages
- Telegram’s secret chat uses end-to-end encryption and leaves no traces on the servers. This means that once you have deleted the secret discussions, you can no longer recover them. It even notifies if someone takes a screenshot and gives you the option to define any secret cat to self-destruct.
Using end-to-end encryption makes it similar to WhatsApp, but their reputation is slightly different. Telegram is registered in London but was created by Russian developers. WhatsApp was purchased by Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook, which means it is more integrated with its other platforms. You can share contacts and have other cross-platform options.
Facebook’s involvement has raised concerns about the use of the data. Companies pay Facebook to use user information, which has a dark side when we see events like the Cambridge Analytica scandal.
However, Telegram’s security is also a concern, as it does not offer end-to-end encryption and stores user data on servers that some say make it vulnerable to cyberattacks.
Telegram vs Whatsapp
Whatsapp is undoubtedly the giant of instant messaging. However, Telegram is considered by May to be the ultimate Whatsapp alternative. That said, Whatsapp has 1 billion active users per month while Telegram has only 100 million.
350,000 new users subscribe to the telegram every day and recent reports suggest the growth of up to 50% over a year. While WhatsApp may be leading the pack, Telegram is pinching its heels.
Let’s compare the different advantages of Telegram and Whatsapp.
Advantages of Telegram:
- Telegram offers group chat invitation functionality, while Whatsapp automatically adds you to a group.
- Its secret conversation function allows you to have a conversation with end-to-end encryption.
- Its username function allows you to speak to several people without giving your phone number.
- Multi-device access.
- Telegram has a channel service where users can subscribe to a channel and see all of the publications it contains.
- You can have conversations with up to 5,000 people on chats and an unlimited number of people on Telegram channels.
- Lock discussions and possibility to hide for the last time for a specific contact
Benefits of Whatsapp:
- You can call your contacts via your mobile data or your wifi connection.
- You can change your status. This is handy if you want to say something to a group of people.
- The ability to format texts. Many people do not know about it. You can now format texts in bold (* text *), in italics (_text_), in bold and in italics (* _text_ *) and strikeout (~ text ~).
- Save your discussions. Whatsapp has always provided this, but you can now save the discussions to your Google Drive.
We are big fans of both applications. However, they have different options that affect the different ways people can be blocked in Telegram. For Telegram users, let’s finally see how to know if someone has blocked you.
How do you know if you’re stuck or not?
In every instant messaging app, people are at risk of being abused by someone or someone who doesn’t love you can contact you. For this reason, Telegram presented a blocking option. But in addition to blocking others, someone can block you and how will you know you are blocked? You will find the answer if the following things happen:
- Last connection: last seen a long time ago
- You send messages and this person does not read your messages.
- You cannot see this person’s profile picture.
All of these conditions are met when you get stuck. If the person does not respond to you but you can still see their profile photo, they simply do not want to speak to you for any reason.
If you feel that you are still not sure whether the person has blocked you or not, simply give this number to someone else. Then ask that person if they can see the profile picture or the last login. If the person’s answer is yes, you are permanently blocked.
Are you blocked from a Telegram channel?
Although Telegram works as an instant messaging application, some aspects of social media networks are not common to all similar applications. They also offer something called Telegram channels.
These look like a cross between a group chat and a Reddit channel or forum. In these channels, you can see what the administrators have been saying since the start of the channel.
Anyone can create a Telegram channel and will be the default administrator. You can then appoint other administrators who can publish content.
They can also block members. Members will be blocked for various reasons. Part of the controversy with Telegram is that it has been used by terrorist organizations. Some channels have been blocked by Telegram for this reason.
Channels can be both public and private. Private telegram channels require that you are invited by an administrator before you can join them. These administrators can then block you for any reason. If you want to know if you have been blocked by a Telegram channel, you can do so by:
- Ask a friend who also has Telegram to use their account.
- Find the channel you think is blocked. If it does not appear, the channel has been deleted or is private.
- If the channel appears on your friend’s app, but not yours, it means that you have been blocked from this channel.
If the channel is private, you cannot join without an administrator inviting you. Since you cannot send messages on someone else’s channel unless you are an administrator, there should be little reason to get blocked, but it does happen.
Is Telegram blocked in your country?
Telegram is also concerned that some countries do not like using it. These countries tend not to always have the best human rights results, but the general concern is that it is used for harmful reasons.
This means that your problem may not be that you are blocked by another Telegram user, but that the entire Telegram application is blocked.
In Russia, China, and other countries, many websites and platforms have been temporarily banned. The telegram is often under the line of sight, so be careful that the application is not blocked.
Some companies and places may not want to use Telegram. This is why you can find Telegram blocked on hotels’ Wi-Fi connections, depending on the conditions of each company.
Now that you’ve figured out how to find out if you’re stuck on Telegram, you may also want to know how to delete a Telegram contact or how to delete a Telegram account.
If you want to read similar articles in How to know if someone has blocked you in Telegram, we recommend that you visit our Internet category.