How to Use Apple Music | Complete Guide
Apple Music is one of the most used music streaming services by users around the world. Thanks to its vast music collection and a well-kept interface it is very easy and pleasant to use, not only for those who own Apple devices.
How to Use Apple Music | Complete Guide
Nowadays listening to music with these streaming services is a great advantage , since paying a monthly subscription you can have millions of songs of all kinds. Apple Music is not only usable on smartphones but, as we will see, also on many other devices.
How much does Apple Music cost?
Like all music streaming services, Apple Music also has a monthly subscription service to choose from according to your needs. Unlike other Apple Music service it does not have a free plan, but you can take advantage of a trial lasting three months, with which you can experience fully all its functions and figure out if it is the right service for you. After the free trial you can choose between three different types of subscriptions:
- Students (€ 4.99 / month): if you are a university student you are entitled to a special rate which sees a reduced monthly price. By subscribing to this subscription you will have access to the entire Apple Music library without the presence of advertisements, you can download the songs in order to listen to music offline and you will also have live and on demand programs available.
- Individual (€ 9.99 / month): this subscription provides all the same functions as the one for students with the only difference in the cost which, being without reduction, increases.
- Family (€ 14.99 / month): by subscribing to this subscription, in addition to having all the benefits described above, you will have further advantages such as access for up to 6 people, a personal account for each member and the (optional) sharing of content.
Use Apple Music on iPhone and iPad
It is obvious to say that the greatest use of the Apple home music service is found on Apple devices such as iPhone and iPad, being integrated directly into the device in the Music application.
In case you have not activated it yet, you can take advantage of the 3-month free trial by simply opening the application and following the guided procedure, or by connecting to the Web page dedicated to Apple Music subscriptions.
Once the music streaming service is activated, all you have to do is open the application and start exploring all the functions offered.
Inside the Library, or the screen displayed as soon as you open the application, you will find all your added songs divided into categories. In fact, you will notice several sections that you can open to search for a specific song or artist.
In the Recently added section you will find all the latest songs that you have saved in the library. Furthermore, by pressing on Edit (top right) you can modify the library interface, adding or removing the search parameters of your songs.
In the For you screen you will find a series of suggestions that the application offers you based on the songs you have listened to recently. In fact you will find different alternatives similar to your tastes and different mix of songs chosen specifically for you.
Within the Discover screen you can explore all the various charts and different playlists sorted by genre of music. The service will also offer new releases and different songs to listen to according to your mood.
Apple Music also provides for the use of different radio stations , as well as various programs to follow daily. In addition you can also follow the interviews that are proposed and follow the rankings of the best radio stations such as RTL 102.5 and Radio 105.
Finally, in the Search screen you can search for songs of your interest to add to the library, or follow the suggestions provided by the Apple home service in the Trend section.
The default theme of the Music application is light in color but, if you have set it to dark system mode , the interface of the music streaming service will adapt perfectly to the selected colors.
Use Apple Music on Android
Apple Music is also available for Android and you can download it for free from the Google Play Store. The operation is almost identical to that of the iOS application, since the functions and screens remain unchanged.
Obviously the integration of the application within the operating system of the green robot is not comparable to that with the Apple ecosystem, but still remains a valid and easy to use service.
Use Apple Music on Mac
Just like in the case of iPhone and iPad, on Mac the Apple Music service is integrated into the Music application. The interface is very similar to that of the smartphone application, in that the sections and functions are the same. You will have:
- A library to be ordered according to your preferences (based on categories)
- A section for you where you will find suggestions and advice based on the music you have listened to
- The Discover screen , where you can discover new songs or artists and consult the different charts proposed
- Radio stations , to listen to programs and music at any time
Obviously all the music is synchronized on each device used, so as to pass at any time on another device while keeping your library unchanged.
Use Apple Music on Windows PC
As for Windows PCs you will have to resort to using iTunes, since the Music application is not available for the Microsoft home operating system .
- Go to the official iTunes page.
- Download and install the software for Windows 10
- Launch iTunes
- Log in with your Apple ID.
- Wait for your entire library to sync.
Once the configuration is complete you can start using the application and explore its screens . Obviously the sections and screens are the same as previously mentioned and everything will be synchronized on iCloud.
Use Apple Music with Alexa and Apple Watch
Apple Music can also be used through a smart speaker as the ‘ Echo Dot Home Amazon . All you have to do is enter your Apple account into the Alexa assistant application :
- Open the Amazon Alexa application (available for free for Android and iOS)
- Go to Settings
- Continue on Music
- Enter your Apple account in the Apple Music section.
From now on, you can ask Alexa to play music from Apple Music.
In addition, Apple Music is easily used to listen to music with an Apple Watch. The Apple ecosystem is very well organized, and this is also noted by the ease of operations that can be performed with each of its devices.
If you are listening to music with AirPods, for example, you can ask Siri to play a specific song, or you can control the music and volume directly from the Apple Watch , without using your smartphone.
As you have noticed, Apple Music is a complete and very easy to use service, which has nothing to envy to other music streaming services such as Spotify.